Friday, July 15, 2016

No Regrets..

It was one of those days, when I sat in retrospection. I looked back at life and wondered what went right and what didn't. I asked myself what I would like to change if I get a chance. Would I want to redo anything in a different manner? If I had powers to revisit the past like the protagonist of About Time, would I want to go back again and again or do things repetitively, just to get a specific outcome?
Strangely enough, I couldn’t think of anything I would want to change in any manner, in any phase, with anyone.
For every fight I had, I know it made me define my priorities and shed my ego for the people I love. They in turn showed me the wonderful things I have to be loved. Every failure gave me the will to get up and find a new avenue to excel at or improve. Every romance told me how to love with all my heart while the heartbreaks taught me how to mend myself.
Every time I sneaked out of the house or was caught drunk, I knew how to keep myself sober the next time.
Each time I let myself vulnerable, it said I am human and it’s okay to be open to risks. Every city taught me how to build a home. Every scar said I dared, every tan line proved I gave myself a chance.
So while every day, each life has its ups and downs; if it hadn’t been this way, I would not be what I am today. I have my quirks and my flips. But proudly, I have no regrets..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment